[Précédent (date)] [Suivant (date)] [Précédent (sujet)] [Suivant (sujet)] [Index par date] [Index par sujet]

Re: Growing tired of the constant portrayal of Linux as "anti-corporate"

On Fri, 2004-02-06 at 13:28, Etienne Goyer wrote:
> However, your article entitled "Fast, free and anti-corporate:
> McGill group wants to bring Linux to the masses" epitomize everything
> I think is wrong with current state of Linux advocacy and press
> coverage.

I had the same comment when I opened the paper and read the title :) I'm
glad you sent them a letter, as I didn't take the time to do it myself.

Linux *can* be corporate. In fact, it is at its best advantage, as
corporations *pay* programmers to enhance Free/Libre and Open Source
Software (FLOSS). True, some see Linux as a way to escape from a
corporate monopoly, but it doesn't mean that "Linux is anti-corporate".

A better title could have been: "Fast, free, and increasingly popular
among corporations" ;-)

Nicolas

--
Pourquoi j'utilise OpenPGP:    http://nicolas.marchildon.net/openpgp