From: Daniel James < >
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 11:33:33 +0100
Subject: [Consortium] Linux trademark
Hello all,

The Linux Mark Institute, now part of OSDL it seems, is attempting to
charge organisations which use Linux in their name - even non-profits
like linuxaudio.org:

http://www.linuxmark.org/forms/linux_licence_doc.html#Check1

I think we should resist this move on principle. It may only be US
$200 per year at the moment for a non-profit, but I don't think it's
really in the spirit of free software to go round mugging people for
money like this. I thought the name Linux was trademarked to prevent
it from abuse.

Cheers

Daniel

--